Our StayConfident cleaning program is our commitment to you. Developed in partnership with the Protect Purdue Plan and CDC cleanliness standards, our enhanced cleaning procedures go above and beyond to ensure an even more confident stay at our beautiful, new hotel.
When you stay at the Union Club Hotel, you'll know your guest room has been cleaned with our new StayConfident standard of cleanliness and disinfection. This program upholds our rigorous 5-point protocol which takes extra safety and cleaning measures to disinfect all high-touch surfaces using hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Deep Cleaned & Inspected (switches & climate controls, handles & knobs, telephones & remote controls, desks, nightstands, lamps, sink, bathroom handles, shower/tub)
- Hospital-Grade Disinfectant (left on surfaces with longer wait time to ensure effectiveness)
- Removal of Non-Essential Paper Goods (menus, notepads, coasters)
- Laundry Protocol (enhanced process in compliance with CDC guidelines)
- Limited Housekeeping Entry (short-term stayover service eliminated, except upon request)
The StayConfident program also guides additional measures throughout the property - focused on three areas - and supported by ongoing associate training and certification.
- Contactless operations wherever possible
- Advanced cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Individualized - and social distanced - services
- In accordance with local and University mandates, all guests will be required to wear a face covering upon check-in and while in the public spaces of the hotel.
- We modified our steps of service to limit physical contact as well as institute crowd control procedures and distancing markers in all public spaces and elevators.
- We increased the frequency - currently every two hours - of cleaning our public areas including, but not limited to lobbies, elevators, door handles, luggage carts, public bathrooms and meeting spaces, using hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizer and have reminders of health, hygiene and proper social distancing throughout the property.
- Adjusted in-room dining with contactless service with all packaging and products to be single-use and disposable.
- All event attendees will be asked to wear a face covering while on Purdue's campus and in public areas of the Union Club Hotel and Purdue Memorial Union.
- We follow all local/national guidelines on gathering ordinances and coordinate with event planners to plan breaks and general session timing to prevent crowding of coffee breaks, restrooms and elevators.
- Reminders for guests to practice physical distancing by staying 6' away from each other will be placed throughout the meeting space.
- We adjusted seating capacities, floor plans and room configurations to comply with appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
- All catering and breaks to be individually served; no "communal" snack or beverage stations.
- Items such as pens, banquet notepads and other previously physical items are removed.
- Indoor/outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and present throughout the meeting experience.
- Associates at all levels will be required to complete certified disinfection and StayConfident program training.
- Associates are regularly briefed on how to identify and escalate potential health and safety issues related to COVID-19.
- Associates are equipped with face masks and required to wear that mask while on property, in accordance with local and University mandates.
- We increased the cleaning frequency for back-of-house areas using hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We modified schedules and back-of-house areas and pathways to increase social distancing.
- Reminders reaffirming proper hygiene throughout associate areas and offices, including reminders to eliminate handshakes, hugs, high-fives and other physical touch.